Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ruthie In The Sky, Update



It's finally happening: Something that a doctor or two thought would begin to deteriorate, years ago. It's coming apart, now.

And it's serious.

When I was a child, efforts were made to improve and then save it. Anyone who knows about that time in my life, will know what I am talking about now.

At this point,  I don't know exactly what the final diagnosis will be...but I know that it won't be good.
It won't be.

I'm only 57 years old. That's what I thought about last night. I'm too young for this to happen.

But it's happening.

I'm not being melodramatic. I'm just not being specific, yet. And I know that I should be going to a
doctor. But I am going to put it off for a few days.

Sure, I'm heartbroken. That's normal.

But I'll deal with it.

I thought that I would have more time before it began. But now it appears that my body is going to get the best of me.

I know that I have been blessed...for years...through laughter and tears...I have lived quite a life and I have cherished my freedom.

Soon I will walk through the doors of a medical facility and begin a new journey.

May God stay with me. May He continue to bless us all.

No comments: