CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ruthie On The Road, Update


A small, blurry photograph is all that I will share of the town that I was in, for the past few days. And the woman who stuck her screwed-up little nose into my life, will continue to hide behind the fact that I won't post her photograph in this post. I could...but I won't.

But I want you to know, that there is a selfish and small-minded individual, living in the remote town of La Crosse, in Washington State. Her very existence is attached to the fringes of other people's lives. She can't handle her own life so she spends her time trying to run other people's lives.

She is, for all intents and purposes, a bona fide fool.

She told me that she wants to be social worker and that she graduated summa cum laude and blah, blah, blah.

But when I went up to visit her, she ended up being anything but social.

I paid for my own food, which was fine. But she practically ordered me around when I tried to eat anything. Most of what I did...had to be done according to her rules. And whenever she left her house, I had to leave to...because she didn't trust me to be a good person in her home when she wasn't there. Nope. She didn't trust me.

Therefor, in the end, I didn't trust her...and I finally walked out of her house. I found another woman who is everything that the first woman might never be.

That second woman showed me around the town, bought me a cheese sandwich and a hot bowl of tomato soup at the local cafe and made sure that I went to sleep in a warm, quiet place.

Then today, she drove me from La Crosse, Washington back to Hermiston, Oregon. She made sure that my clothes were clean, my belly was full and I had some jingle in my pocket...before she turned around and headed back to Washington State.

The second woman is not a social worker. She is just a nice country lady who cares. And I will always remember her with a smile.

I won't smile when I remember that first woman. No...I'll just leave her there...surrounded by all of her possessions...with her dog...alone...for another night.

No comments: