Sunday, February 10, 2013

Christopher Dorner: The Million-Dollar Loser








CNN COVERAGE

LA TIMES: INTERACTIVE MAP

CBS NEWS COVERAGE

SF CHRONICLE: DORNER HAS EARNED A MILLION-DOLLAR PRICE TAG

“This is not about capturing a fleeing suspect. This is about preventing a future crime, likely a murder. Every day that Dorner is loose, the likelihood of an attack of either a uniformed police officer or a family of a police officer is likely.”--LAPD Chief, Charlie Beck.
___________________

FOR OFFICER MICHAEL CRAIN

___________________

My father was a cop. Some of you know that and some of you are now surprised to learn that he made law enforcement his entire career.

My dad liked his job. I'm sure that he did, although on some days, it probably weighed heavy on his shoulders.

But my father's occupation brought home the bacon. His job provided me with a solid roof over my head, new clothes every year, an annual family vacation and a good education

My father was pretty much like any other All-American Dad: He restored a 1928 Model-A Ford Coupe, pored over Warshawsky catalogs, chased down a buck during deer season and loved his family.

And every time that my father donned his "uniform"...he was still my dad.

So when I first heard the story about the now fugitive murderer, Christopher Dorner, I thought to myself, "What a coward."

Because he is: Christopher Dorner is a million-dollar coward and a loser.

He will never have the career record that my father took to his grave. For no matter how difficult circumstances became, during my father's working years, my dad never took the life of an innocent person. No innocent person.

In fact, my father was a very honest man with a big heart. To this day, he is remembered fondly by many people. And some of those people were tied directly to my father's job.

Christopher Dorner claims that he saw something that the LAPD eventually "hushed up."  Dorner further states that the LAPD fired him because he spoke up against what the LAPD allegedly did.

I would have been willing to listen to Dorner's accusations...if he hadn't turned around and injured or killed cops like Officer Michael Crain.

But Christopher Dorner did kill Officer Crain and he didn't stop there.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, Christopher Dorner deserves to fall dead, face first, in the snow. He has given away his value as a human being and deserves to be permanently removed from this Earth.

Yeah, the right clues might earn one astute tracker a million dollars.

But personally, I hope that someone nails Christopher Dorner for free.

No comments: