Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ruthie On The Road, Update--Part One

It is chilly and rainy where I am now. A unexpected cold front has moved in.

The flatscreen broadcast of the "Weather Channel" never forecast this...but just to make things more difficult for me...this gray mass of brrr moved in, anyway.

I have no idea where I am going to stay tonight.

But I was determined to redo my blog's template (to some degree, anyway) and so I worked until
this library closed.

Now, I am outside the front doors, using my laptop's charged-up battery and blowing on my fingers to keep them warm.

I haven't made it to Sterling, yet but I am in northern Colorado.
The mission here leaves a great deal to be desired:

1.) I can't do laundry.

2.) The place was so crowded last night that I was first placed on a two-inch thick mat on the floor, between two other ladies. There was literally no room to turn over. I finally gave up the mat and sat in a plastic chair, with a blanket over me, for the rest of the night.

3.) There is a major problem related to the plumbing. That was explained in a typed-out poster on the bathroom wall. I had to pee and then throw the used potty-paper in a waste basket. And then if I had to poo, then I had to go use a different toilet, entirely! I wondered what I would do if I had to go pee and poo at the same time! (No, I never found out.)

So I am considering just walking out of here and hitching toward Sterling.

In the meantime, I want to catch everyone up on what has been going on with me.

No comments: