Friday, March 22, 2013

Ruthie On The Road, Update--Part Two

                                                 -ALL PHOTOS BY RUTH RADER.
                                  PHOTOS EDITED WITH PICMONKEY SOFTWARE-



And so Robert did rescue me.

He rolled right up in that company rig that I knew wouldn't allow riders and slid down the
passenger-side window. Then he sort of hung halfway out of it and smiled.

"You drive for _______. You know that you can't pick me up. It's against the rules" I said.

He laughed and declared, "I'm not very good at following rules...unless they're my own."

I liked his answer and I liked him. So I climbed up into his truck.

And just like that, I left Kramer's Craphole and headed toward Barstow, California.

Robert likes to talk and spent the rest of the miles (except when we were sleeping) telling
me the story of his life.

He fed me, got me a shower and kept me supplied with bottles of  Diet Dew.

Robert also drove me past Barstow to Needles, California to Flagstaff, Arizona to Albuquerque,
New Mexico. In fact, he drove a total of over 700 miles.

Yeehaw.

I did eventually reach Trinidad, Colorado. That was where I spent a cold couple of days
trying to get out of a rest area.



I eventually did get away from that rest area when a businessman picked me up in his
truck, from a nearby onramp. He took me to his house and then to his shop where I
spent the night in his office.

I have also been to the small town city of Las Vegas, New Mexico. And I have found it to be
an okay place to hang-out.



Now, I am going to take a nice, thorough bubble bath, buy a good breakfast and then
go do my laundry. After that, I'll decide where I will go next.

I know right now that I won't be going back into Colorado for awhile. There's a great, big
snowstorm rolling in.

No comments: