Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: Miranda And Making A Choice


                                                                -Dzhokhar Tsarnaev-

WSJ: BOMBING SUSPECT IN AND OUT OF CONSCIOUSNESS

FOX NEWS: BOMBING SUSPECT STILL TOO ILL TO TALK

CNN: MAKING A CASE FOR MIRANDA


I have lived in the United States of America for fifty-seven years. And I've made many choices since the day that I was born.

Every day that I walked into my high school, I had the choice to be a student or set the building on fire. Every time that I had a disagreement with someone else, I had the choice to deal with it on a mature level or slice the person with a knife. When I went to college, I could have taken people hostage. When I attended church or a sporting event, I could have shot dozens of people or blown them all up. The choice always was and will always be...mine...to make.

 I am a citizen of the United States of America and my existence on the continent of North America is more than just a random, geographical happenstance, it is my birthright.

As an adult, it is my responsibility to treat people as they should be treated. By that, I mean, I should treat good people with respect and bad people with contempt. Good people should live in peace and bad people should be brought to justice.

Now some people are saying that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev  should face a special type of due process. I agree.

If I had done what he did, I would expect to face absolute justice...with no exception. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev  had better face that same thing, now.

He and his brother killed an eight-year-old boy. He and his brother murdered and maimed many people. And he and his brother showed the City of Boston, including a young campus officer, no mercy. It is my sincere contention that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev shouldn't be granted any mercy, now.

He did what he did. He made a choice.

And if we are to continue to be a civilized society, then we are going to have to make the choice to side with justice.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be healed long enough to take a hard look at what he did...and then go to Hell and never come back.

The City of Boston deserves a better citizen than Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. We all do.

No comments: