Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Ruthie On The Road, Update--Part Four

                                                -ALL PHOTOS BY RUTH RADER-

I reached Fort Collins, Colorado and pocketed the twenty-dollar bill that the nice couple gave me, before I walked into the local shelter.

It had been a long day on the road. I reached Fort Collins via the aforementioned young man, a lady
trucker and the sweet couple that gave me the money. I was tired, hungry and in a very great need of a shower.

The mission was packed but willing to keep me there, overnight. The shelter is undergoing an
extended remodeling project, right now. That allowed me to get a shower, some clean clothes and
dinner but I had to sleep in a plastic chair (with a blanket) all night.

The next day I left and walked over to a local coffee shop.


I liked the ambiance of the coffee shop, right away.

There is just something special about that particular place.

Art is everywhere. And that art includes handmade, painted birdhouses.



The lady who works there has a genuinely happy smile.


And the breakfast that she brought to me was deeeelicious!


So I settled back, munched on my burrito, sipped the piping hot coffee and enjoyed the artistic
display outside the window.


After I finished my breakfast, I wandered down to the public library and spent the rest of the daylight
hours, there.

Fort Collins has a terrific library. You can eat and drink in there (there are vending machines, tables and wall-plugs, everywhere) an elevator and "The Weather Channel" on flatscreens.

At the end of the day, I packed-up and walked 4 miles (oh yes I did!) before a guy finally picked me
up. He drove me the rest of the way to the Denny's restaurant that is located by the ramp onto Interstate 25.


I was very tired when I finally got that first cup of coffee at Denny's!

Then I looked at the time on my cell phone and said, "Happy Easter, everybody!"

But I had no idea, then, just how happy my Easter would be.

No comments: