26 Bipartisan Senators Say Obama Is Spying On U.S. Citizens. Which means that Edward Snowden isn't the only American that's got his hands on private information, these days.
If you had the opportunity, would YOU sign a letter that asked:
["To ensure that an informed discussion on PATRIOT Act authorities can take place, we ask that
you direct the Intelligence Community to provide unclassified answers to the following
- How long has the NSA used PATRIOT Act authorities to engage in bulk collection of
Americans' records? Was this collection underway when the law was reauthorized in
- Has the NSA used USA PATRIOT Act authorities to conduct bulk collection of any other
types of records pertaining to Americans, beyond phone records'?
- Has the NSA collected or made any plans to collect Americans' cell--site location data in
- Have there been any violations of the court orders permitting this bulk collection, or of
the rules governing access to these records? If so, please describe these violations.
- Please identify any specific examples of instances in which intelligence gained by
reviewing phone records obtained through Section 215 bulk collection proved useful in
thwarting a particular terrorist plot.
- Please provide specific examples of instances in which useful intelligence was gained by
reviewing phone records that could not have been obtained without the bulk collection
authority, if such examples exist.
- Please describe the employment status of all persons with conceivable access to this data,
including IT professionals, and detail whether they are federal employees, civilian or
military, or contractors.
Thank you your attention to this important matter. We look forward to further discussion in
the weeks ahead."]
And so is President Obama now going to hunt down, capture and crucify Edward Snowden for the sins
of the N.S.A., the F.B.I. and the Obama Administration?