Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Writer And Her Beautiful Song

I did a Google search for my blog, the other night, and Lo and Behold, I found a song. The song carries the title: "Twinkle, Twinkle (Ruthie in the sky).

I was stunned. Where did this song come from, I wondered.

I went to the composer's music page and found a point-of-contact. I sent her a message and told her about me and my blog. I told her that I "adopted" the song, put it on my blog and asked her if that was alright with her.
__________

Here is her response:

[" Hi Ruthie, This is so amazing, I'm really touched by this - thank you!

Basically I was in Haiti just after the earthquake in 2010 and I met a little girl named Ruth. She was 10 at the time and incredibly shy. So beautiful, with a face like sunshine! She had lost her mother not to the earthquake but to something else and was really in need of love. We really bonded and she told me that she saw me as her mother.

When I came back to London I wrote her a song as if I were her mother telling her who she was, Ruthie in the sky, a diamond who shines.

I'm glad that the song has now taken on a new meaning for you, that's the power and beauty of music.

So please feel free to keep the song there with links back to my music page, that's what it's all about.

I'm going to post your email on my music page, because it's just so awesome!

Bless you for getting in touch and even asking my permission!

I'll have to look you up if I ever come to Oregon!

I'm in Stockholm at the moment, but I'll check out your blog properly when I get back.

All the best Matshidiso x"]
__________

Quite a story, isn't it?

If you haven't heard the song, already...give it a listen:

http://snd.sc/11CxdQI

Hear more of her music here.

No comments: