Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Ruthie On The Road-Update 2013 Stories, Part Two



Some of the cops in Kansas have been very considerate and some have not. The photo
above was snapped while I was still sitting in the back seat of a cop's SUV. I had to
sit in the "peanut seat" which is a sort of  half seat that is so small that one feels like
a peanut in a shell when seated in it.

The cop took me the a county line , which is situated in the middle of nowhere, and
dropped me off. This happened the evening before my birthday, about an hour before
the sun set.

The cop left me there and I was really ticked-off about it.

So, I contacted my friends who live in a little town south of Dodge City, Kansas and
told them what was going on. They loaded their kids up and drove all the way up to
get me.

I spent my birthday at their house. I had a great time.


One of the kids posed with his baritone horn for me.

There is such a difference between my friends and that officer who should have known better!

No comments: