Monday, March 17, 2014

Ruthie On The Road, Update


                                -PHOTO AND EDITS BY RUTH RADER-


I will get on a bus in the morning and roll away from here, again. But saying goodbye to this area has made me sad and I wish that I could have stayed. I like it here.


If I had my choice, I'd hang around here, forever. I really didn't think that I'd ever come to appreciate Hood River, but I do now.


Andy posted: "You're on the road, again! lol!" on my Facebook page. "Not by choice" I replied.


No, it's not funny this time, Andy. I really don't want to go. I'm tired and I have other things that I want to do.


It isn't just Hood River. But I invested a great deal of myself in the Gorge this past Winter. And now that Spring is here, I'd like to stick around and watch the leaves bloom on the trees.


It's nice to be here at the old homestead, tonight. If I am going to have to leave, this is the right way to do it. I'm going to miss The Castle...but only The Castle. And yes, Andy, your suspicion is correct, I did...but if you ask me...I'll deny it. It was a unique opportunity to have The Castle all to myself, and so I did.


I got so close to getting a real home. A friend of mine wants me to call him and I wonder if it has anything to do with housing. Well, I suppose that I will find out tomorrow.


In the meantime, I will lay here in bed and watch the lights twinkle across the hills that sit hunched by the river, outside the window.


See ya later...Ruthie's going back on the road.


No comments: