Sunday, November 02, 2014

Brittany Maynard: A Class Act

"It is people who pause to appreciate life and give thanks who are happiest. If we change our thoughts, we change our world!"--Brittany Maynard.




DAILY MAIL (UK): ARTICLE NOVEMBER 10, 2014

DEATH WITH DIGNITY IN THE MOVIES

HUSBAND DAN REMEMBERS BRITTANY

MOM REMEMBERS BRITTANY
__________

My Original Post:

Brittany Maynard, in a mortal, physical sense...died last night. But the memory of what
she stood for...is more alive than ever. Brittany believed that it is every person's right...
when faced with a terminal illness...to die with dignity.

And last night, Brittany Maynard did.

She passed away here in Oregon, which was the first State in the Nation to allow
people to legally end their own life, in a compassionate and dignified way.

Brittany left behind a legacy of kindness. And I am very proud of her.

I, myself, am officially listed as an "anatomical donor." When the time comes, I won't
need this body, anymore...so I'm going to give it away. I made the decision a number
of years ago while standing in line at the local DMV office.

Accepting our own mortality is something that we are all going to have to do, at one
point or another, during our lifetime. Brittany faced her passing head-on. She did it
with great courage and when she made her transition, she was a class act.

I hope that you, whomever you are, will truly make the most of your life, in
whatever way possible. And if you or a loved one faces a catastrophic illness, consider
what Brittany Maynard did.

And be at peace.

God bless you, Brittany.



THE BRITTANY MAYNARD FUND

Compassion & Choices

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth, what a lovely post about Brittany in such tragic circumstances. I have been following her story from Australia. I would like to hope that if i were faced with the same situation, I would have half the strength and courage that Brittany had. Sarah (Melbourne, Australia)

Ruth Rader said...

Thank you for your comment, Sarah. Brittany is my hero...and so are you for carrying on the message of what she stood for.