Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Truth On Thanksgiving--Part One



What HAPPENED...?

Tamir Rice was only 12 years young. And like any typical tween
kid, he was probably bored and trying to amuse himself with a
toy-like air gun (that shoots plastic pellets...hardly a real threat.)
He was screwing around and I doubt that he meant to do anyone
any actual harm. In my opinion, he didn't look any different than the
boys that I grew up with who played with bows, arrows, jackknives
and bb guns.

Back in the day, it was considered a rite of passage for boys to tote
a gun like the one that Tamir Rice had. The boys eventually graduated
to a hunting expedition alongside the men, holding onto a real gun.

I grew up in the Midwest and I will tell you that there is no excuse for
what those officers did to Tamir. They practically drove right up on him
and probably startled and scared him. Maybe he did point his toy gun at
them but it may have been a gut reaction out of the fear that passed through
his 12-year-young mind.

But in any case, those two grown men never gave that kid a chance. No, they
didn't. Oh yeah, I've read that they told him to put down the gun and blah,
blah, blah...and maybe it was Tamir's first reaction to misbehave. Maybe he
was so deep in his "gunslinger" fantasy scenario that he didn't want to comply.
Kids do that.

But those two cops moved right in on Tamir like he was ten years older than he
actually was. Between the two of them, those so-called "peace officers" (pardon me
while I gag) could have taken Tamir down without firing a shot.

Don't tell me that they couldn't have. And that "cop" that sent that fatal shot into
Tamir doesn't deserve to wear a badge...unless it's one that identifies him for what he
really is: A cold-blooded, senseless child killer.


2 comments:

Joseph Ratliff said...

He goes to reach for something you have to look closely....

Ruth Rader said...

He who, Joseph?

The cop or the kid?

I know what I saw, I don't care if I saw that video 1000 times.

Gee...what did "he" reach for...a bag of Skittles?