Friday, December 12, 2014

School Shooting In Portland, Oregon





CNN UPDATE: COPS SEARCHING FOR SHOOTER

KOIN NEWS 6 PORTLAND: VICTIMS NAMES AND UPDATE

The proximity of the shooting to the alternative school as well as a
nearby public school does, in my mind, qualify it to be a school shooting.
As far as I know now, only student-age young people were involved.
This is a breaking story that is breaking my heart.

Hood River, where I am now, is just too darn close to Portland. And
Hood River is located right off of Interstate 84 that runs from Portland
to here.

My concern is not only for the victims and the people in that area but
also for those of us who are close, but outside the City.

We have had two bad shootings in recent years:

CLACKAMAS TOWN CENTER--DEC. 11, 2012
REYNOLDS HIGH SCHOOL (TROUTDALE, OR.)--JUNE 10, 2014

And the chance of a copycat shooter opening fire always looms large in many
minds at a time like this. That is also why I am paying attention to this situation.

The Holidays always seem to bring out the best and the worst in people. Those
of us who are without a home, right now, spend a great deal of our awake hours
in public places.

It sure bothers me that, as I write this, the shooter has not been apprehended yet.
__________

*OREGONIAN LIVE UPDATES*

CNN REPORT

SEATTLE, (WASHINGTON) TIMES UPDATE

KGW NEWS 8 PORTLAND LIVE VIDEO STREAM

KGW NEWS 8 PORTLAND UPDATES


No comments: