Monday, August 24, 2015

Alice In Corvallis


    PHOTO/EDITS BY RUTH RADER

Notes From Alice In The Corvallis Wonderland:

I took a shower today (which is a process that included transportation and waiting in line) and then
went to a food pantry (which is a process that included more transportation and more waiting in
line.)

By the time that I was through, it was late afternoon. So I lost hours of time that I could have
used to update this blog. (SIGH!)

Now I remember that the entire media center that was once on
this computer (which ran Windows 8.1 before the 10 upgrade) is gone. There isn't a version of the
media center that I can download now that will be compatible with my new operating system. So I
now have Windows 10 but no way to edit my videos via this computer. My penance to Microsoft
for acquiring their free operating system has been paid.

This means that I am going to have to send the meeting videos to Facebook and edit them
from that site once they are uploaded. Lovely. (I considered posting them on YouTube but their
up-loader is much slower than the one on Facebook.)

So the publication of this post is going to be delayed. I hate that. But there isn't anything at this
point that I can do about it. Please bear with me because I not only want you to take in what
people said at that meeting but I also want you to read my response. (Yes, I am going to provide
one.)

I am tired of getting chilled in the middle of the night so I am going to go in search of a thrift
store hooded sweatshirt tomorrow.  I don't have any money to pay for one so that endeavor
might end up getting rather interesting.

And it has become obvious that not one professional woman in Corvallis is advocating on my
behalf. I have no female backup...I should but I don't.

Next week I am going to use what is sent to me by Mr. Wells and Mr. Fargo to improve my
situation. (Or at least make me somewhat more comfortable.) I am going to buy a few long-
sleeved pullovers, (throw out my shorts) two pairs of pants, extra socks and new shoes.

September is coming and I'm taking that fact seriously. But I still plan to enjoy myself
on my birthday. At 60 years of age, I believe that I have earned the right to have a little fun.

Whether a homeowner or homeless, we all deserve that.

(This post will be updated soon.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A professional woman might back you up when and if she ever finds something she might have in common with you.

Ruth Rader said...

Then I would like to suggest a meeting where we do just that: Find out what we have in common.

I think that is a splendid idea!

P.S.--Please read today's post.