Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Park The Truth Here

                                            PHOTOS/EDITS BY RUTH RADER

"But who do we want to be known as? Someone who has a threshold of only doing so much good because people aren’t from here? That wouldn’t be the community I would want to live in."
--Aleita Hass-Holcombe
__________

MY UPDATED VIDEO MESSAGE

I walked down that first on ramp in 1993. Five minutes later I put out my thumb and my destiny
began. That was back in 1993.

Since then, I have visited every State in the Continental United States including Alaska. And as
the miles rolled away behind me, I began to transition...from someone who is from a single State
to someone who belongs to North America.

Now when somebody asks me where I am from, I laugh and say, "My mama."

I have found that it doesn't matter where I am at any particular time...I am still me...in America.


And it is my feeling that I deserve better from some of my fellow citizens...(Citizens For
Protecting Corvallis or otherwise)...and not so much judgement that's based on stereotypical,
bad thinking.

Who do you want to be known as?


No comments: