Monday, January 04, 2016

No Stomach For The Stupidity


"You said you were here to help the citizens of Harney County. That help ended when that protest became an armed occupation."--Sheriff David Ward



CITIZENS FOR CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOM?

#BUNDYMILITIA

#YALLQAEDA

PRI: HOW DO THE LOCALS FEEL?

WASHINGTON POST: LAND OWNERSHIP IN THE WEST

A MILITIA OF MORMONS?

YALLQAEDA BACK NOW, YA HEAR?

SEEKING CLEMENCY FROM PRESIDENT?

AMMON BUNDY: RESTORE THE CONSTITUTION?

Ohhh boy!

I watched the press conference this morning and I could barely stomach the stupidity that
revealed itself on live TV.

Sha-heez!



I looked at the guns on several hips and the guy surveilling the area from a high tower. And
I decided...have decided...that those fools should be removed from that area as soon as possible.

This sort of thing (which never should have been allowed to happen in the first place) now has the potential
to come to a very bad end. Ruby Ridge, Waco and the Aryan Nations believed that they were
100% right, too. Look what happened in each of those cases when law enforcement and the
protesters had a difference of opinion that led to an impasse:

WIKIPEDIA: RUBY RIDGE, IDAHO

WIKIPEDIA: WACO, TEXAS

WIKIPEDIA: HAYDEN LAKE, IDAHO

I visited the Aryan Nations compound when it was still in operation. That experience is a
story in itself. I stayed overnight there. I met Richard Butler and a host of other people, too. Why I did it has nothing whatsoever to do with the Aryan philosophy. I did it for another reason which I will not discuss here.

But to this day, I carry the memory of being asked to wipe my feet on the Jewish flag before walking into their so-called church building there. I also remember all of those cars and the poles at the bottom of the hill. Anyone familiar with what that compound once was will recognize exactly what I am referring to.

Ruby Ridge, Waco and Hayden Lake are places where alternative thinking got out of hand.

Who is to say that won't happen at the refuge here in Oregon?

I'm all for free thinking. I am all for justice. But I won't go along with anarchy. That philosophy
only breeds death and destruction...and an eventual tragic end.

There appear to be children at the refuge. That bothers me, too. It is my opinion that they
should not be there in the midst of the situation, right now.

I know what it is like to want to "buck the system." But I have been allowed to hitchhike through
that area several times. And I remain in pretty good graces with the Harney County
Sheriff's Office.

They have allowed me to curl up in my sleeping bag at the park near Burns. They have also
helped me secure inside lodging (not in jail, so don't get the wrong idea) on more than one
occasion.

I act respectfully and they treat me with respect. No muss, no fuss. That's how that works.

And although I don't agree with everything that goes on in this State...I haven't gone into a
public facility and kicked up a fuss on a wild hair day.

That group at the refuge here in Oregon better be mindful of the risks involved as they proceed.

They better be very careful.



No comments: