Thursday, March 24, 2016

No More

                                STILL SHOT/EDITS BY RUTH RADER


"Crazy Teacher Shouldn't be allowed to teach Ignorance and hate or teach kids it's ok to Lie and hurt people. She should be teaching our kids love, compassion and tolerance and to help those who are less fortunate, not tearing down lives who are already at the bottom." --Elvis Summers  ;-/ #StopTheHate #Teachersshouldbeheldtoahigherstandard
Posted by Elvis Summers on Wednesday, March 23, 2016
 __________

Yes, the video is disturbing...but then, so is the problem.
I got put off today by someone that I was counting on. The delay was no big deal to her...
in her mind, Monday is just as good a day to take care of business. Handling what I have been
hoping for on Monday instead of today mattered very little to her. But it meant everything to
me.

That is one difference between those who already live in a house and those that don't.

It is simply so easy to change commitments around. I didn't get my chance today because I
wasn't positioned high enough on the priority ladder. But then, when do I ever get that chance?

I didn't want to be someone's "feel good" pet project. And I didn't want to be "put in my place"
because that usually leaves me begging...on my knees.

She waved her wand and the miracle was gone. But she never shed a tear as it disappeared. After
all, the miracle wasn't hers...it was mine. It was supposed to be mine.

Perhaps it still will be.

But I know now that if it is...it will be because I make it happen...all alone and on my own. Yes,
God will be there with me...but the steps will be only mine to take.

I don't have Elvis Summers up here to help me. And in the excitement I forgot the rule:
"Homeless people are better off accepting a crust of bread and then walking away from the
rest of the loaf. They cannot own that loaf. They shouldn't even hold their hands on the bread
wrapper for more than a few moments. Just a few moments...and then...no more."

No more.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you to continue in your quest, be comforted and fortified with the patience and strength needed to reach your goal. People are flawed. Stay strong. It ain't over till it's over! I'm waiting for your post describing your new home! It'll come!

Anonymous said...

Today, Monday, is the day we are all hoping will be a big step toward you having a home. Please let us know how your meeting turns out. Sorry it didn't happen on the day you expected, but hopefully the end result will make the delay worthwhile. Happy Easter Monday!

Ruth Rader said...

Please read the post that I will publish today. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry. I was so hoping you would end up in a nice, safe, clean apartment at last.