Saturday, April 02, 2016

And Where Would I Go?

                                               PHOTOS/EDITS BY RUTH RADER

THE SECOND COMMENT: Perhaps you should leave Oregon for a state that has more to offer you as far as housing assistance, subsidized apartments? Which is the most helpful state? I know you love the ocean. That's understandable. Remembering you in my prayers. Also have some friends and a prayer group at my church praying for you and all who are homeless and precariously housed.

MY RESPONSE: So you think that if I just wander off,  I will eventually find the Housing
Holy Land? Well, gosh darnit, I must be going blind because I've spent the past 24 years traveling
around North America and I still haven't found it yet!

There is no "most helpful" State. It doesn't exist. The lack of decent, safe and affordable housing
is a major problem nationwide. There is no Wizard (Donald Trump could care less if I live or die
on the street) and there is no mecca for me, anywhere.

Nope.

But there are churches. Yes, (say "Hallelujah!") and they are available everywhere. But when
will I be able to step inside one of those buildings, sit down in a pew, kick off my shoes and take
a nap?

How about rolling a tiny house into the parking lot? Or pitching a tent on the back lawn?

No?

But yeah, I know...you'll pray for me.

Well, gee...right now that makes me feel so much better.

And now... let us all bow our heads and listen to this song again.

Amen.


No comments: