Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Ruthie On The Road, Update


I arrived at the rest area in Bozeman, Montana a few hours before a mean storm
hit the area. And after reading every tourist magazine in the rack, I finally curled
up with my peace blanket and went to sleep.

The next morning, I pushed my wheeler up to the main road. I was heading for
the westbound ramp to I-90 when a guy stopped his big pickup truck in traffic and
shouted, "Hey, you want a ride somewhere?"

The man pictured here turned out to be one of my saving graces that day. It is so
nice to meet a new friend on the road, isn't it?

                                               See how swollen my arm is? That is the
                                                result of sunburn and fluid retention. I fought
                                                both of those problems on my entire journey.

I am now in Southern Idaho.

No comments: