Friday, July 08, 2016

Learn How To Love Again




VIDEO MESSAGE: MY REACTION TO THE MURDER OF THE DALLAS POLICE OFFICERS

OFFICER DOWN WEBSITE


TRANSCRIPT OF COMMENTS SENT TO ME VIA EMAIL TODAY BY A POLICE OFFICER:

"As I sit here in my squad car and reflect on what has happened in Baton Rouge, Minnesota, Dallas (and now I am hearing a couple other places also)   I sit and wonder why all of these "retaliations" have occurred.
The incidents that happened in Baton Rouge and Minnesota have nothing to do with the rest of this world. They are isolated incidents that happened between officers and subjects on a roadway that turned fatal.  A full investigation will be done and Justice will be served one way or another.  I know that the justice that will be served cannot bring a life back but this is how our justice system is set up.
I reflect to a call that I was just on.  I was driving with lights and sirens toward this call.  I happened to see three black teenage males walking in the roadway. They heard me coming and quickly looked toward me, got out of the way , and threw their hands up in the air. Now, they knew that what I was doing had nothing to do with them yet they felt the urge not only to put their hands up in the air but as I continued by decided to give me their middle fingers.
I cleared the call and attempted to find those young males again but I had no success. 
I was hoping I was able to find them again and at least talk to them to explain to them that I am there to protect everyone not just certain people.
I am sorry that those boys felt so much hate for a person (or occupation) that they probably don't even know. 
To Whomever taught them to hate..... I hope you can also teach them how to love."
__________________

AMEN.

No comments: